You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
According to all current official advice, as long as basic hygiene precautions are followed, then snorkelling and scuba diving can remain a healthy and enjoyable activity.
By its very nature Scuba Diving avoids some of the chief causes of the disease transmission. Dives are conducted out in the fresh air, personal contact is limited and during the actual dives we are breathing clean, highly filtered air.
Our usual procedure after every dive is to clean our hire equipment with a disinfectant solution, which accords with the recommendations provided by D.A.N. to mitigate risk of transfer of COVID-19. For diver reassurance we are also taking the extra precaution of providing a 9 to 1 bleach solution so that divers can rinse masks, snorkels and mouthpieces at their own discretion.
With these, and other precautions in place it is our intention to continue to plan and conduct diving activities until circumstances and or government directives dictate that we must pause. We hope this will enable us to continue to employ our dedicated team of staff throughout this crisis.
Therefore we ask that you join us in maintaining a positive attitude in these uncertain times and consider joining us on some of the adventures that we have planned over the next few months.
What can you do to help?
- Always ensure good hygiene practices.
- Have patience as we review each of our planned trips, booked dive travel and events.
- If plans change we will update via email, facebook and personal phone calls to those with bookings.
- If you are feeling unwell, have recently travelled or have been in contact with a person suspected of having COVID-19 seek medical advice and follow current Government directives.
- If you are well and need the fabulous stress relief of a dive then please join us by calling or booking online.
- If you don't already own your own mask, snorkel or regulator then please buy one from our small business.
- If you must self-isolate please consider:
- enrolling on your next dive or first aid course and we can organise for you to complete the e-learning portion at home online now.
- editing your recent dive pictures and entering them in our monthly competition
- If you haven't already done so, please show your support and renew your club membership now.