You have 0 product(s) in your cart.
As you all know this past week has been enormously challenging for small businesses. Like most of the country we watched the Prime Minister outline 'stage 1' of the national shutdown. As a retail business we were grateful that we were exempt from this and are able to try to operate, albeit under some understandably stringent guidelines. (A good summary is here)
As we said last week, safety of our staff and divers has always been a core value of our business. During this past week many of our staff have completed the Australian Government, Department of Health infection control, COVID-19 e-learning course and have been applying strategies to make our diving activities either as safe so far as reasonably practical, reschedule or cancel. Some examples include: the provision of extra cleaning solutions for divers to rewash their hire gear and limiting divers on our large vessel Tomaree to half surveyed capacity.
However as guidelines change we are continuing to adapt and we thankyou for your patience and ongoing support as we do our best to figure out new ways to enable your diving and try to continue employment of our loyal and hardworking staff.
Our dive charters are still available on board Tomaree but will now be limited even further to ensure updated social distancing guidelines. We will continue to have hot water available but ask that you supply your own cup, water bottle and snacks for post dive refreshments. We remain available for private boat dive charters and continue to provide a ferry service to Broughton Island.
Our shore divers can be reassured they most certainly are still able to get 'take away' air fills. We ask that if you are waiting for a fill that you be cognisant of social distancing, and enjoy the large space and fresh air just outside the shop or go for a walk. If you would like to hire equipment please try and call or email in advance so we can place this aside for you.
Our PADI dive courses are continuing within recent DAN guidelines. PADI has a fantastic range of courses with e-learning theory components which we can organise for you.
At this point our NSW trips away will remain on our schedule as we would like to support those businesses where safe and practical to do so. For those who have booked on overseas trips we appreciate your patience as Dive Adventures negotiates with suppliers about cancellations and/or rescheduling on your behalf.
What else can you do to help?
- Always ensure good hygiene practices.
- Have patience as we review each of our planned trips, booked dive travel and events.
- If plans change we will update via email, facebook and personal phone calls to those with bookings.
- If you are feeling unwell, have recently travelled or have been in contact with a person suspected of having COVID-19 seek medical advice and follow current Government directives.
- If you are well and need the fabulous stress relief of a dive then please join us by calling or booking online.
- If you don't already own your own mask, snorkel or regulator then please buy one from our small business.
- If your gear is due for a service now is a great time to ensure it is ready for your next dive - please clean it in the provided cleaning solution when you drop this in.
- If you have an outstanding account with us please settle this in full.
- Please pick up and pay for any cylinders and/or equipment serviced or ordered
- If you must self-isolate please consider:
- enrolling on your next dive or first aid course and we can organise for you to complete the e-learning portion at home online now.
- editing your recent dive pictures and entering them in our monthly competition
- If you haven't already done so, please show your support and renew your club membership now.